Listed below are credits that are available for Arizona:
Property Tax Credit -You may claim this credit if you meet ALL of the following:
- You were age 65 or older in the current tax year, or if under age 65, you were receiving SSI title 16 income from the Social Security Association.
- You were a full year resident of Arizona for the tax year.
- You paid property tax on your Arizona home OR paid rent on taxable property for the entire year.
- If you lived alone, your total household income was less than $3,751, live with others $5,501.
Credit for Solar Energy Devices - "The credit for installed solar energy devices for commercial, industrial, or other nonresidential applications located in Arizona has expired. All credits that were properly established can be carried forward for the respective five year carry forward period." (140 instructions)
Credit for Contributions to Qualifying Charitable Organizations - Taxpayers who made contributions to qualifying charity organizations may qualify for this credit.
Credit for Contributions Made or Fees Paid to Public Schools - Taxpayers who made contributions or paid certain fees to public schools in Arizona may qualify for this credit.
Credit for Contributions to Private School Tuition Organizations - Taxpayers who made contributions to a school tuition organization that provides scholarships may qualify for this credit.
Credit for Contributions to Certified School Tuition Organization - (for the amounts that exceed the allowable credit on AZ Form 323)
Credit for Contributions to Qualifying Foster Care Charitable Organizations - Taxpayers who made contributions to qualifying foster care charitable organizations may qualify for this credit.
Credit for Donations to the Military Family Relief Fund - Taxpayers who made a cash contribution
to the Arizona Military Family Relief Fund during the taxable year may qualify for this credit.
Increased Excise Tax Credit - You may claim this credit if you meet ALL of the following:
- You have a valid SSN
- You meet the income filing status threshold for your filing status.
- Married Filing Jointly - $25,000 or less
- Head of Household - $25,000 or less
- Single - $12,500 or less
- Married Filing Separately - $12,500 or less
- You are not claimed as a dependent.
- You were not sentenced for at least 60 days to a county, state or federal prison during the tax year.
Credit for Taxes Paid to Another State - For a detailed description and qualifications for each credit, see Arizona Form 140 Instructions.
- State Section