No longer deductible in 2022.
The most common type of deductible mortgage insurance premium is Private Mortgage Insurance (PMI).
If you are claiming itemized deductions, you can claim the PMI deduction if:
- The mortgage is secured by your first or second home;
- You pay mortgage insurance premiums for your mortgage
- The insurance contract was issued in 2007 or later
How do I report my mortgage insurance premiums?
To make this entry into the program:
- Federal Section
- Itemized Deductions
- Mortgage Interest and Expenses
- Private Mortgage Insurance